xfsdump confused by ino's < root ino

Hi,

We use xfsdump and xfsrestore (v3.1.7) to back up one of our storage
systems, and we ran into an issue where xfsdump prints the following for
a mount which isn't a bind mount:

/sbin/xfsdump: NOTE: root ino 136 differs from mount dir ino 256, bind mount?

Which also results in a crash from xfsrestore:

xfsrestore: tree.c:757: tree_begindir: Assertion `ino != persp->p_rootino || hardh == persp->p_rooth' failed.

Looking at [1], xfsdump uses bulkstat to get the minimum inode number on
the filesystem. But, at least one of our filesystems has a root inode
number of 256 and uses inode numbers 136-199, which tricks xfsdump into
thinking that the filesystem is bind mounted. Is this an invalid
assumption in xfsdump, or is it filesystem corruption?

Thanks!

1: https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfsdump-dev.git/commit/?id=25195ebf107dc81b1b7cea1476764950e1d6cc9d