Re: xfs: Assertion failed in xfs_ag_resv_init()

On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 09:20:27AM -0400, Sasha Levin wrote:
> On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 01:44:40PM +0200, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:

> > > Only thing I care about is whether it is QA'd properly. Greg, Sasha,
> > > is the 4.9 stable kernel having fstests run on it as part of the
> > > release gating?
> >
> > I do not know about fstests, I know Linaro was looking into doing it as
> > part of the test suites that they verify before I do a release.  But I
> > doubt it's run on an XFS filesystem.
> >
> > Sasha was doing some work in this area though, Sasha?
>
> My biggest blocker at this point that it is extremely difficult to get a
> baseline for a kernel version.
>
> Even after adding all the "known" failures to the expunge list, I ket
> hitting issues that reproduced once every 100 runs, and once those are
> expunged I started hitting even rarer stuff.
>
> While there's no actual real difficulty in building these expunge lists,
> it ended up being somewhat of a loop where I couldn't establish a solid
> baseline since random things kept breaking.

Ok, then how about we hold off on this patch for 4.9.y then.  "no one"
should be using 4.9.y in a "server system" anymore, unless you happen to
have an enterprise kernel based on it.  So we should be fine as the
users of the older kernels don't run xfs.

thanks,

greg k-h