Re: 'stripe width' inconsistency

Hi!

It's been some time but if anybody finds this thread later on, here is how I solved the problem:

Dec 26, 2018, 12:09 AM by bug-reporter@xxxxxxx:

> Recently, I ran into problems mounting one of my XFS file systems. It's been a while since I used that HDD but I'm almost certain there were no problems. 'xfs_repair' complains about 'bad stripe width in superblock' but 'xfs_db' has no problems parsing the filesystem. It reports (among other information)
>
> > unit = 8
> > width = 65535
> [...]
> > crc = 0xe9e260b (correct)

In the end it worked to use 'xfs_db -x' to change the width to '65536'. (Actually, I used a dm snapshot so I did not have to touch the actual block device, but that was just a safety measure.) After that, I could mount the filesystem normally again. Just to be safe, I mounted it read-only, made a backup and recreated the filesystem with (manually set) sane parameters.

As a recommendation: it would be nice if such "defect" filesystems were still mountable, even if read only ;-)

Regards, Jan