Re: XFS and RAID10 with o2 layout

Wols> On 14/12/18 07:03, Sinisa wrote:
>>> And another MD flush thread waiting on a MD sync barrier.
>>>
>>> Basically, this looks and smells like a MD sync barrier race
>>> condition, not an XFs problem.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Dave.
>>
>> But why don't we see the same issue with other filesystems?

Wols> Possibly because, iirc, xfs is aware of the underlying raid?

I don't think it's that in touch with the raid.  It can/does query for
settings so it can optimize stuff, but I don't think it actually uses
it other than as a block device.

Wols> I don't know, but I seem to remember that from earlier discussions about
Wols> "xfs over mdraid".

Have you tried doing this with the absolute latest kernel?