Re: Enlarging w/ xfs_growfs: XFS_IOC_FSGROWFSDATA xfsctl failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

On 12/13/18, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That test automates the generation of the test code and output,
> and if it changes from the golden output, then the test fails.
> I'd suggest that a similar thing is done here for /all/ the
> structures we expose in ioctls.
>
> FWIW, pahole can make this easy. e.g you can harvest every ioctl
> structure from xfs_fs.h,

OK, I did just that, by snarfing up the preprocessor output from
#including "xfs/xfs_fs.h" and searching for 'struct'.

The pahole tool was previously unknown to me.  I like it.

One thing I'll note is that it does not appear to be possible to use
pahole to get information about structs that don't have a tag.  The
xfs_fsid_t typedef is such a type.  Fortunately that one does not
look like a problem!

Cheers,
  Nick