Re: How to avoid xfs_do_force_shutdown on xlog_iodone error

On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 09:08:40AM +0000, Albert Duato wrote:
> Thanks.
>
> I didn't know about that command, but after reading its man and trying it,
> it seems to require to freeze the XFS before a disconnection, and that's
> nothing that could be predicted.
>
> I should have said it on the initial mail, that the temporary disconnections
> are not scheduled, but arbitrary, as they depend on network availability.
>
> As long as all operations were retried, network gaps would only cause
> delays, but not fatal failures.
>
> Is that something I can configure?

No, you can't.  The only think you can do is to make sure I/Os
don't get completed on a disconnect.  Other protocols like SCSI or NBD
at usually try to reconnect and only fail the I/O if that fails.  You'd
either have to fix that in nbd, or try some nasty workarounds like
creating a dm-multipath device with a single path on top of you nbd
device and set the queue_if_no_path option.