xfsprogs-4.16; scrubbing and files w/o /usr dependencies...

I was noticing in a newer version of xfsprogs that it puts some non-/usr-lib
dependent files in /sbin, specifically fsck.mfs(shell), mkfs.xfs, xfs_repair
xfs_scrub, and xfs_scrub_all.

What was the decider for putting these files in /sbin?  The reason I ask is
that the last one 'xfs_scrub_all' has a heavy dependency on /usr as it needs
#!/usr/bin/python3 to run. So wouldn't it be happier in /usr/sbin?
I also note that it has dependencies on systemd.  Will it work for
systems not running systemd or will systemd be required for newer-versioned
xfs maintenance?

Thnx...