Re: [QUESTION] multiple fsync() vs single sync()

> Le 16 oct. 2018 à 15:53, Stefan Ring <stefanrin@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> But in what order? If I understood correctly, with the single sync()
> call, he might end up with a directory entry referencing an incomplete
> file. Which should not be possible in the case with the two fsyncs.

In what order, this is exactly my question :)

We are creating hundreds or thousands of files in a row. Converting thousands of fsync() to one sync() would be a great performance improvement, but I want to be sure we are not taking any risk with data consistency.

--
Romain