Re: [somewhat OT] I just discovered that Stratis uses XFS.

Le Tue, 2 Oct 2018 16:25:30 +0200
Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> Hi all,
> in fact I just discovered that Stratis exists :)
> (https://stratis-storage.github.io/relnotes/relnotes-1.0.html)
> ( details on https://lwn.net/Articles/755454/)
>
> Reading the FAQ (https://stratis-storage.github.io/FAQ.html) I see
> that it uses XFS as a filesystem layer. Furthermore it seems to come
> from RedHat. What are the relations with the future XFS capabilities
> that Dave (IIRC) demonstrated recently?
>
> Sorry for the OT message :)

Oh, and what about the probable constant use of xfs_growfs? Stratis
seems to create all filesystems with a size of 1TB, and extends them as
needed from there. However that means that a filesystem could
potentially be expanded many times, which, as I understand it, is very
suboptimal or worse, can lead to problems (inode allocation, AGs
count and structure, etc).