Re: agcount 33 by default for a single HDD?

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018, 5:45 AM Carlos Maiolino <cmaiolino@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 11:04:05PM -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 10:41 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> OK so why 33 AG's with xfsprogs 4.15, but 4 AG's with xfsprogs 4.17,
> >> when directed to the same thin LV? And also the difference in sunit
> >> and swidth?
> >>

> > Did you build 4.17 with --disable-blkid?
>
> Yep, that's what doc/INSTALL recommends. Removing that and rebuilding,
> sure enough 33 AGs, sunit 128, swidth 1024, and sectsz 4096. I do get
> a build time warning.

Where did you see that --disable-blkid is recommended? Are you using MacOS to
build it?

In the install instructions under the Mac OS X section. The Linux and Mac OS X sections are obviously titled, nevertheless I totally missed those titles.

Sorry for the noise.

Chris Murphy