Re: Clearly state infrastructure change on old XFS website

On 7/30/18 5:30 PM, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 11:25:40PM +0200, adam_kalisz wrote:
>> Dear Darrick,
>>
>> I wanted to have a look at the recent new features being added to XFS and
>> stumbled on the fact, that Google presents me first with the old website [0]
>> and starting on page 2 of the web results (for the desperate) with the
>> current website [1].
>>
>> It would be most helpful to write some notice to the old website and the
>> "Getting the latest source code" should point to the current git-repo. It
>> cost me some time to realize, there is something wrong, because the git log
>> ended at about 4.9 kernel (~2016) when the infrastructure from sgi probably
>> got left behind. Also maybe highlight, that the current repo ist xfs-linux
>> and NOT linux-xfs! It might help some of your possible future colleagues to
>> get started with XFS.
>
> Sorry about that -- I'll ask those who have write access to xfs.org to
> update the links.  In the long run I'd rather just move all the
> documentation and FAQ into the kernel source itself, especially since it
> all now lives on https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/ ...

yeah ...

As a general PSA, the wiki is known to be bitrotting.  It's impossible to add
new editors, for example.  It'll eventually probably go away entirely.

I've fixed up a couple things Darrick asked me to do, but maybe we should
just put a big <blink>THIS WIKI IS BITROTTING</blink> at the top and be
done with it.

-Eric