Re: Recently-formatted XFS filesystems reporting negative used space

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 10:31 AM Filippo Giunchedi
<fgiunchedi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > that sb_fdblocks really is ~17T which indicates the problem
> > really is on disk.
> >
> > 4461713825
> > 100001001111100000101100110100001
> > 166746529
> >      1001111100000101100110100001
> >
> > you have a bit flipped in the problematic value... but you're running
> > with CRCs so it seems unlikely to have been some sort of bit-rot (that,
> > and the fact that you're hitting the same problem on multiple nodes).
>
> Ouch, indeed we've seen this problem on multiple nodes, said hosts
> belong to the same and latest shipment from the OEM. We'll run
> hardware diagnostics on these hosts and others we've received at
> another datacenter (which haven't shown issues so far but don't serve
> reads either).

Update on this: we've ran hw diagnostics and couldn't find anything
wrong, xfs_repair does fix the issue so we'll be going ahead with
that. Is there anything we can do to help debugging in case this
happens again?

thanks a lot!
Filippo