Re: [ANN] oscheck: wrapper for fstests check.sh - tracking and working with baselines

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 01:59:31PM -0700, Luis R. Chamberlain wrote:
> > It's still ridiculously hard
> > to set up a DAX test environment though.
>
> I was under the impression we actually need real hardware for that,
> if you git grep for XXX you will see a section to add DAX is there
> but I skipped those tests as I thought we needed real hardware
> for it.

qemu has the ability to emulate having real hardware ;-)  Here's
the patch that sets that up in ktest:

https://github.com/koverstreet/ktest/commit/16aa8b2cb68ad152ddebd66e40d633fc675d9796

> > The best I've been able to
> > do is now merged into Kent's ktest -- but you're not based on that,
> > so I'll try and get your ostest set up to work with DAX.  Or maybe Ross
> > can do it since he's actually been able to get 2MB pages working and I
> > still haven't :-(
>
> Patches and new sections to cover more ground indeed are appreciated!

I feel like we need to merge ktest and oscheck.  oscheck assumes that you
know how to set up qemu, and ktest takes care of setting up qemu for you.
I don't think it's possible to set up DAX testing in the current oscheck
framework ... but I think it might be possible to turn oscheck into a
set of ktest tests.