Reading/changing projid of a symlink

Hello,

I am trying to recursively check/change projid on a directory that
contains symlinks among other files. The way I do it is like this
(attributes reading part as an example, modulo error handling):

oflags = O_NOFOLLOW | O_RDONLY;
if (S_ISDIR(stat->st_mode))
        oflags |= O_DIRECTORY;
if (S_ISLNK(stat->st_mode))
        oflags |= O_PATH;
fd = open(path, oflags, 0);
xfsctl(NULL, fd, XFS_IOC_FSGETXATTR, &attr);

The xfsctl() call fails with EBADF. Apparently this is because
xfsctl() is implemented as ioctl(), at least on Linux, which doesn't
work with file descriptors obtained with O_PATH. Is there any way to
manipulate projid on symlinks?

Thanks!

--
Ilya Pronin