Re: Oops from linux-next 20180430

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 01:57:03PM -0700, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> I was running xfstests xfs/350 at the time.

It's a superblock fuzzing test. Described as:

tests/xfs/group:350 dangerous_fuzzers dangerous_scrub dangerous_repair

Are you trying to run xfstests as a regression test suite (i.e.
check -g auto) , or as a fuzzer to find on-disk format parsing
issues (check -g dangerous_fuzzers)?

> No kernel patches applied
> beyond linux-next (I was hoping to get a baseline).
>
> 5726 XFS: Assertion failed: sbp->sb_rsumino != NULLFSINO, file: ../fs/xfs/xfs_rtalloc.c, line: 1223

And you're running a debug kernel, so assert failures are expected.

Essentially, the fuzzed superblock has a non-null realtime bitmap
inode, but a null realtime summary inode. Which on a non-debug
kernel will result in mount failing, but on a CONFIG_XFS_DEBUG=y
kernel it fires this assert....

We're slowly converting asserts like this to explicit checks that
return -EFSCORRUPTED as we come across them - this is obviously code
that hasn't been converted yet....

Cheers,

Dave.
--