Re: xfs fstrim and quota

On 4/24/18 2:28 AM, michael.arndt@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello *
>
> Will fstrim operations for a thin provisioning storage and xfs quota conflict with each other ?
>
> If i understand fstrim code correctly, in case of xfs / thin provisioning  storage it tells xfs to release unused blocks.
>
> I have read indications that blocks are marked to the underlying storage as freed by zeroing them out.

Brian addressed most of this, I think, but the short answer is that no, fstrim
will in no way affect xfs quota.  Everything happening as a result of fstrim
happens well below what the quota subsystem even knows about.  Even if discard
happens via WRITE_SAME, that's not anything quota is aware of.

Short answer is: There is no conflict.

Thanks,
-Eric