Re: [RFC] xfsprogs: remove irix, darwin, freebsd support

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 02:49:42PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On 3/20/18 7:14 PM, Darrick J. Wong wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This is a metapatch proposing that we drop all the non-Linux xfsprogs
> > ports.
> >
> > Irix hasn't had a release since August 2006.
> >
> > OSX doesn't support XFS and (afaict) never has.
> >
> > FreeBSD EOL'd v9.3 (which was the last one to support XFS) in January
> > 2017.
> >
> > So, can we git rm {include,libxfs}/{irix,darwin,freebsd}.[ch] ?
>
> I sent out the same query in May 2017,
> "RFC: removing non-linux platform support from xfsprogs"
>
> and nobody really chimed in to keep any of it.  I'm happy to nuke it,
> and if someone comes back with a tail of woe, we can always put it back
> in place if it's deemed wise.

+1, FreeBSD never meant to actually have a 'fully supported' XFS port anyway,
and nobody was interested in updating it to comply with their VFS changes
between 9 and 10, so they just decided to drop it. And Irix is EOL, so I believe
it's safe to remove it.

--
Carlos