Re: Reflink (cow) copy of busy files

Il 26-02-2018 21:29 Amir Goldstein ha scritto:
I was also expecting dirty data to be lost, but according to Darrick that is not the case for page cache dirty data, although in all likelyhook, your VM
is using direct IO to write to image file.

Yeah, it was better than expected. For some VM I use Qemu/KVM writeback policy rather than "none"/O_DIRECT, so the fact that host-side dirty data will not be lost when reflinking is a pleasant surprise.

I think your use case is interesting and this is definitely the right place
to ask these questions.

Great ;)

--
Danti Gionatan