Re: [LSF/MM TOPIC] File system memory management topics

On Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:04:22 PM IST Josef Bacik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been lazily working through various mm related issues with file systems for
> the last couple of years and would like to talk about current progress and work
> thats left to be done.  Some of the topics I want to cover are
>
> * Metadata tracking, writeback, and reclaim
> * Smarter fs cache shrinking
> * Non-page size block size handling

The above list of items mentioned by Josef is very important (especially w.r.t
Btrfs' subpage-blocksize support) for getting 4k blocksized filesystems to
work well for architectures like PPC64 and AARCH64 which [can] have 64k page
size. Hence I would request that these topics gets discussed during this
year's LSF/MM summit.

--
chandan