XFS over device mapper dm-thin device

Hi,

I'd like to be able to take a snapshot of an XFS filesystem on top of
dm-thin.

The goal for the snapshot is:

    - fast to complete (couple seconds or better)
    - independent of origin (UUID updated?)
    - read/write

To satisfy the independent goal, I'm updating the UUID on the snapshot.
Currently "xfs_admin -U xxx" takes in the ballpark of 14 seconds on my
test system.

Is there a better approach to achieve the goals?  Or can the UUID update
be changed to be faster?

I realize the filesystem can be mounted with "nouuid" option, but would
prefer to avoid the possible trouble of duplicate UUIDs.

This is a test script I've used to illustrate the time of "xfs_admin -U":

https://pastebin.com/PFA5YRuH

Thanks for any help,
Todd