Re: [RFD] XFS: Subvolumes and snapshots....

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 7:51 AM, Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The video from my talk at LCA 2018 yesterday about the XFS subvolume and
> snapshot support I'm working on has been uploaded and can be found
> here:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8FUvSGROw
>
> I don't have the code in a reviewable form yet - there's still quite
> a bit of work before I get to that point, but this is a good
> introduction to how all the pieces will fit together....

Very cool!

Got any paper napkin design photo to share?

What are the big unknowns at this point?

Is the data part challenging because of no buffer cache for data?

I suppose all subvolumes use the host fs journal?

Not gonna share this master plan with fsdevel?

Cheers,
Amir.