Questions about backups with XFS

I have a few questions and I was torn between asking them separately
and putting them all in one message. I decided for the latter and I
hope this is not a problem.

Once upon a time, many many years ago, I used to make backup copies
of my file systems with the 'cp -aux' command, including my live
root file system. Luckily, I never had to restore any live root file
system from those backups. They probably would never have worked.

Later on, someone taught me to do it like this:

find /source -xdev -print0 | cpio -pa0V /target

That command is supposed to copy everything, including special files
(not really sure which) that mere cp or even rsync would not copy.
I actually used that approach several times, including restoration,
and it always worked.

For some reason, I stopped making backups of my live root file
system, but I still backup other partitions with rsync, always with
the --delete-before parameter, so the target is always an exact copy
of the source.

I have been using XFS for a few years and thought that maybe it's
time I enjoyed all the benefits of the XFS management tools.
However, I am uncertain about things I haven't been able to find in
the documentation or even on the Web:

Question #1:
Does xfsdump really copy EVERYTHING? Can I backup a full live root
file system with it and expect a restored copy to boot and run
uneventfully? Or should I rather do a 'hard' image with xfs_copy?

Question #2:
By the way, I see that pcmanfm can mount an xfs_copy image quite
easily, but how do I mount it on the command line, and can I mount
it in rw mode?

Question #3:
If I make incremental backups with several levels then perform a
restore, I know that files added in subsequent levels will be added
to the dump, but what happens with files that have been deleted in
the source file system? Will they be removed from the dump? In other
words, is there something analogous to rsync's --delete-before in
xfsdump/xfsrestore?

Question #4:
Is there any benefit to making incremental backups of a small file
system? I mean, it's just 10GB, and deleting the old backup and
doing a level 0 dump from scratch would take what, 3 minutes.

Please note that my goal is disaster recovery. I am planning to run
a few experiments on my live root file and must be able to restore
it to a certain state whenever necessary.

Thanks in advance,

--
Luciano ES