Re: null pointer reference after crash

Hi,

> On Aug 28, 2017, at 7:42 PM, Darrick J. Wong <darrick.wong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 07:23:19PM +0200, Christian Theune wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we stumbled over this today as a host rebooted with an unrelated (iommu)
>> kernel crash and got completely stuck after this:
>>
>> I’m currently running xfs_repair on all disks and will then see whether this
>> will resolve, still I guess you want to know about it. Kernel is 4.9.43
>> vanilla. Let me know if you need more data.
>
> Does commit cd87d8679201 ("xfs: don't crash on unexpected holes in dir/attr
> btrees") fix this problem?  It'll be in 4.13, maybe someone can backport it
> to 4.9?

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll keep that in mind in case I see this again.

> (Assuming you can get it to reproduce reliably?)

I have only seen it once today and hopefully won’t see it again. We have had some storage servers that run multiple SSD and HDD disks (for Ceph) crash multiple times a week lastly due to the IOMMU issues that resulted in hardware watchdog reboots, so I guess those xfs' did have quite some noise in it.

Not sure I can do anything to reproduce it at all. *fingers crossed*

Christian

--
Christian Theune · ct@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx · +49 345 219401 0
Flying Circus Internet Operations GmbH · http://flyingcircus.io