XFS Bug Report

Hello,

We are researchers from Columbia University, New York. As part of our
current research we have run into some issues using xfs filesystem.
For example, we encountered a case where the setuid bit of a modified
executable was not removed as desired.

We have attached three cases, one involving the setuid bit in
directory 1, and a data corruption issue in directory 2. In directory
3 is a semantic discrepancy we discovered between xfs and other
popular filesystems (ext4/btrfs) regarding the setgid bit.

In each directory, you will find a Readme describing the issue and
pointing to the code that may lead to the issue. For your convenience,
we also included test programs (min.cpp) and instructions in Readme to
help reproduce the issues.

We tried to report them on bugzilla@xxxxxxxxxxx but the website seems
to be down. We would appreciate very much if you could confirm the
three cases at your conveniences.

Thanks,
Amy