Re: xfs_repair fails to clean directory inode

On 8/17/17 7:13 AM, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Hannes -

> I've managed to corrupt my fs after a storage array failure earlier this
> week. After calling 'xfs_repair -L' on the FS running xfs_repair
> consistently gives me:
>
> # xfs_repair /dev/dm-2
> Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
> Phase 2 - using internal log
>         - zero log...
>         - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
>         - found root inode chunk
> Phase 3 - for each AG...
>         - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
>         - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
>         - agno = 0
> bogus .. inode number (0) in directory inode 128, clearing inode number
>         - agno = 1
>         - agno = 2
>         - agno = 3
>         - process newly discovered inodes...
> Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
>         - setting up duplicate extent list...
>         - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
>         - agno = 0
>         - agno = 2
>         - agno = 1
>         - agno = 3
> bogus .. inode number (0) in directory inode 128, clearing inode number
> Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
>         - reset superblock...
> Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
>         - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
>         - traversing filesystem ...
>         - traversal finished ...
>         - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
> Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...
> done
>
> irrespective on how many times I'm calling xfs_repair.
> (And yes, this is with latest xfsprogs)

Which version, specifically?

Would you be willing to provide a compressed xfs_metadump (offline, probably),
and then I could take a look at the behavior directly?  Would be easier
than reverse engineering it from the printfs above.  :)

(note, metadump is still leaking a bit of stale data here and there,
so treat the file accordingly if there's anything sensitive on the
filesystem)

Thanks,
-Eric