Parent pointers

Hi all,

I've been doing some digging on adding parent pointers to xfs and wanted to send a note to folks here to get peoples opinions on it. I got in touch with Brian Foster not too long ago and he had some code partially done from about a year or so ago (looks like it has patches from Dave Chinner and Mark Tinguely as well). So I am hoping to be able to use what we have so far to create something updated and finished out. I am still pretty new to the xfs code, so at the moment I am still just going through old discussion threads, and reviewing the patches. But for the most part I just wanted to see what people thought and get everyone on board with the idea. Suggestions and feedback are much appreciated. Thank you!!

Allison Henderson