Re: XFS Calltraces by using XFS with Ceph

Am 2017-06-19 12:17, schrieb list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
Am 2017-06-16 19:46, schrieb Darrick J. Wong:
On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 07:37:11AM +0200, list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Am 2017-06-15 19:20, schrieb Emmanuel Florac:
>Le Thu, 15 Jun 2017 07:55:12 +0200
>list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx écrivait:
>
>>> Looking at the new Elixir[1], it looks like we're trying to deref
>>> ((*bpp)->b_addr)->magic, so that might explain the crash you see.
>>>
>>> --D
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.4.72/source/fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_da_btree.c#L270
>>>

>Indeed that matches exactly the crash Darrick mentioned. Looks like you
>need either a special hand-patched kernel... or wait for an official
>fix for this one :/

When will a fix normally be in the ubuntu kernel? I need to have a stable
distribution kernel, I can not install a patched version.

Like Emmanuel said, first a fix has to go upstream, then it can go to the 4.4 stable kernel, and then it'll probably end up in the Ubuntu kernel.

Can you post a metadump of the xfs filesystem somewhere for further
analysis? I'm pretty sure it's the same problem reported by David Shaw
on this list a couple of weeks ago.  Since you can't run one-off test
kernels, send us a metadump for recreation in a lab is the only other
way to figure out if the fix works.

So it is hard for me to run tests with untested kernels as the system is already
used in production. I've created a metadump from the xfs filesystem and
uploaded it:
https://transfer.sh/XdlZ5/xfs_metadump.gz

I hope it helps you trigger the bug during your tests.

So what about the issue? Is there a fix available? Will it get upstream in the next time?
I'm looking forward hearing about that topic.

(And yes, I /do/ have a lightly tested fix which I'm about to send out.)

--D