Re: XFS Calltraces by using XFS with Ceph

Le Fri, 16 Jun 2017 07:37:11 +0200
list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx écrivait:

> > Indeed that matches exactly the crash Darrick mentioned. Looks like
> > you need either a special hand-patched kernel... or wait for an
> > official fix for this one :/
>
> When will a fix normally be in the ubuntu kernel? I need to have a
> stable distribution kernel, I can not install a patched version.

Difficult to know. From the moment an update is released, I suppose it
makes it to Ubuntu updates in a matter of a few days.

But first, we'd need a patch that could be submitted to mainline.
the patch needs to be tested under conditions that may trigger the
problem (you seem to be the perfect guinea pig, here), then deemed a
"stable" correction to be applied to all maintained kernels, then
backported to 4.4. The complete process could be quite long indeed.