Re: RFC: removing non-linux platform support from xfsprogs

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There's a bunch of mucking about to try to build xfsprogs on non-linux
> platforms.  Is anyone using that, or care about it?  If not, I propose
> removing it all in a cruft-reducing effort.
>
> If I'm missing some good reason for it to be there, please educate me,
> and I'll leave it alone.
>
> In particular, Jan - I know you did a lot of this work - do you still
> use it?

I used the macos stuff at the beginning to get into the code with
little risk of breaking anything. Until it is possible to mount xfs in
the other systems, xfsprogs is useless there... So, I'm ok with the
removal of macos code. I don't know how it is with the other systems,
though.

Cheers,
Jan

--