Re: "interesting" crash : 3.18.44, huge xfs, nfs

Le Tue, 4 Apr 2017 12:36:57 -0500
Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> >> Context: this is a file server. There was a power failure
> >> yesterday, so there's probably some corruption hidden somewhere
> >> triggering the crash.
>
> and using filestreams, apparently?

I don't see why or where we'd use filestreams there... What's the use
case actually?

> > The machine goes on crashing on disk access... xfs_repair 4.9 is
> > running now, and after that we'll reboot with a current kernel
> > (4.4.59). Any advice?
>
> Yep, go back in time & get an xfs_metadump before you repair it.  :(

You know how it goes it crashes, users scream, administrator jumps on
xfs_repair, and the rest is history.

> Please do at least capture repair output.

Well the only thing I know is "there was nothing special in xfs_repair
output"... I'll tell the admin to catch the output next time if
necessary...