Re: The XFS_IOC_FSGEOMETRY ioctl doesn't like fds that are opened O_PATH

Eric Biggers <ebiggers3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, ioctl() with an O_PATH file descriptor always fails with EBADF because
> sys_ioctl() uses fdget() rather than fdget_raw().  The filesystem isn't
> involved at all.  This is intentional, I believe.

Yeah.  Apparently so, though some ioctls might make sense if they're asking
about the filesystem.

Anyway, I need to fix xfs_io for that now too if I'm going to use that.  I
wonder what xfs_io needs the geometry for.

I'm getting the impression xfs_io isn't really the tool I should be using for
this.

Dvid