Re: XFS doesn't auto mount on boot when /etc/fstab entry has fs type set to auto

Carlos,

Thanks a lot for replying. :)

I should have read the mount man page more carefully: By adding "xfs"
to /etc/filesystems, the /etc/fstab entry even with an auto started
working fine.

blkid always had an entry for the volume in question but that didn't
make a difference in this case:
$ sudo blkid
/dev/xvda1: LABEL="/" UUID="ebbf1f1c-fb71-40aa-93a3-056b455e5127" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/xvdb: UUID="bf4be26c-1c1c-40fc-b5cf-b9048dcc61b6" TYPE="xfs"

> Anyway, if you have the logs from your system when it tries to mount the
> partition maybe it give us some clue of what is happening.

It was the complete lack of logs in dmesg or /var/log/messages about a
failure to mount is what confused me on why this was failing. A
successful mount logs but an unsuccessful one doesn't. I think I will
ask a mount expert for help on this.

Thanks again,
Vaibhaw

--
Member of Technical Staff | ScaleGrid.io | @_vaibhaw | LinkedIn | Google+
Read my latest blog post: I Get To Know the Redis Database: Iterating Over Keys