Re: [BUG] xfs/109 crashed 2k block size reflink enabled XFS

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 06:45:59AM -0800, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I think the problem is that the extents -> btree conversion does not
> use the per-AG reservations, but it should probably use it (even if it
> predates if of course).
>
> In the reproduce the fs still has enough blocks to allocate the
> one block for the first bmap btree leave.  But all free space sits
> in AGs with a lower agno then what we used for allocating the actual
> extent, and thus xfs_alloc_vextent never manages to allocate it.

Not that I have any insight into the problem here... :P but I'm still[1]
kind of wondering how that mechanism is supposed to work when it
ultimately calls xfs_mod_fdblocks() for each AG..?

Brian

[1] http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-xfs/msg01509.html