[ANNOUNCE] xfsprogs: v4.8.0 released!

Hi Folks,

The xfsprogs repositories have just been updated and tagged with the
v4.8.0 release tag. It can be found here:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfsprogs-dev.git v4.8.0

There is a *new location* for obtaining the source tarballs. They are
now hosted on kernel.org, and can be found here:

https://kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/xfs/xfsprogs/

The format of the archives is slightly different now because of the
way uploads to kernel.org work. The uncompressed tarball is signed,
rather than the compressed tarball that you download. This means
there are multiple different compressed formats you can select from
and you have to decompress it before verifying the signature. The
currently available compressed files are:

	xfsprogs-4.8.0.tar.gz
	xfsprogs-4.8.0.tar.xz

And the signature (signed with the same key as this email) is in
this file:

	xfsprogs-4.8.0.tar.sign

Because this is a new location and requires a different signing
method, the old packages on oss.sgi.com could not be moved over
without resigning them. At this point in time, I have only uploaded
xfsprogs packages from 3.2.3 onwards, as they are only versions I
still have the original release tarball on my local machine. Hence
it was trivial to resign and upload them.

At some point in the near future I will download, verify, resign and
upload all the old packages on oss.sgi.com that are signed. This
should keep all currently supported distros happy, but I'm not sure
yet what I'll do with older unsigned release tarballs. I will need
to do the same thing with xfsdump packages, too.

Anyway, back to the xfsprogs v4.8.0 release - Many thanks go to all
the contributors to this release. The summary of changes since
v4.7.0 can be found listed in doc/CHANGES, which I have reproduced
in part below.

Cheers,

Dave.

----

xfsprogs-4.8-0 (17 Oct 2016)
	- no changes from v4.8.0-rc3

xfsprogs-4.8-0-rc3 (3 Oct 2016)
	- xfs_io: clean up inode command (Eric Sandeen)
	- xfs_repair: fix phase 5 btree size overestimation (Darrick Wong)
	- xfs_repair: fix phase 5 AGFL rmap update (Darrick Wong)
	- libxfs: libxfs_iget() cleanup (Eric Sandeen)
	- libxcmd: fix count of XFS filesystems in path table (Eryu Guan)

xfsprogs-4.8-0-rc2 (23 Sep 2016)
	- xfs_copy: uuid handling fixes (Eric Sandeen)
	- xfs_repair: directory rebuild segfault fix (Eric Sandeen)
	- xfs_repair: report log dirtiness correctly (Eric Sandeen)
	- libxfs: mounted filesystem detection cleanups (Eric Sandeen)
	- xfs_logprint: don't print transaction types anymore (Hou Tao)
	- xfs_quota: allow operation on non-XFS filesystems (Bill O'Donnell)
	- xfs_io: allow project quota operations on non-XFS (Eric Sandeen)
	- mkfs.xfs: man page calrification for ftype defaults (Eric Sandeen)

xfsprogs-4.8-0-rc1 (9 Sep 2016)
	- change contact emails to linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	- libxfs: kernel sync up to 4.8-rc1
	- Initial reverse mapping support (Darrick Wong)
	- buffer lock trace analysis tool (Darrick Wong)
	- logprint: cleanups and fixes (Darrick Wong)
	- man page updates (various)
	- libxcmd: mount option parsing fixes (Darrick Wong)
	- xfs_quota: use XFS_GETQSTATV (Eric Sandeen)
	- xfs_quota: allow use on non-XFS filesystems (Bill O'Donnell)
	- xfs_db: allow direct manipulation of CRCs (Eric Sandeen)
	- libxfs: get rid of ustat() calls (Felix Janda)

-----

The new head of the master branch is commit:

152fa26f3a8f xfsprogs: Release 4.8.0

New Commits:

Dave Chinner (1):
      [152fa26f3a8f] xfsprogs: Release 4.8.0