optimize the COW I/O path

This series contains a couple optimizations for the COW I/O path:

 - avoid any overhead for reads from COW files
 - streamline the COW handling in write_begin
 - reduce the number of extent lookups during COW I/O completion

It does not touch the direct I/O path (yet), I still have a few
unsolved problems there.