Re: Debugging hung Xeon platform... nmi_watchdog=1 not helping

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 3:42 AM, Philip Prindeville
<philipp_subx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I’d REALLY love to get a kernel panic() so I could see what my cores are doing the next time the system lockups and the watchdog device stops being tickled from user-space.

Hello,

I see your FW-8771 has an IPMI port. Did you try to configure it and
then use "ipmitool chassis power diag" to send an NMI ?
NMI is working great to generate a kdump.
Also, is the kdump service correctly started ?

If the "sysctl unknown_nmi_panic=1" generates random reboot, you can
try to use my module ( https://github.com/Saruspete/nmimgr ).

I sent it as a patch along with some mails a few months ago, but never
got any answer.
Guess this mailing list is kinda dead.

Good luck.