Re: x86 memory barrier: why does Linux prefer MFENCE to Locked ADD?

On Wed, 03 Aug 2016, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Are any of these used in kernel though?

These specific errata were not the point of my post, rather, it was the
fact that errata related to *FENCE and LOCKed instructions exists.

I didn't verify whether something attempts to use non-temporal loads or
stores from WC memory in the kernel.

  Henrique Holschuh