Re: debugging x86 kernel using a hardware debugger

Hi
I have ever used ECM-XDP3 by Arium corp. Perfect in debuging assembly.
http://www.arium.com/product/55/ECM-XDP3-Intel-JTAG-Debugger.html

zduan
On 2013-05-29 15:17, Manish yippie wrote:
I have a code running in Ring0 and it is crashing. I do not have any
gdb server in my software. It is pure assembly diagnostic software. I
am using Corei7

In embedded systems I used a hardware debugger (with Jtag), I can stop
the core and check the exception registers... I am not able to find
the same process in x86 based boards.

Can someone point out how they do debugging of assembly code without
using gdb.... Or if you use a JTAG/HW debugger please let me know as
well

thanks