I have a problem with X, I have random lockup of X, when happen i can't
use mouse or keyboard.
Using a SSH remote session I can see that X taking 99.9% cpu.
I have this problem with all version of kernel, linux distributions,
Reading some forum, I can conclude:
- The crash occurs on various hardware
-- CPU: P4 3Ghz, AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1400, AMD Athlon 900Mhz, Athlon
XP 1500+, Pentium III 866MHz
-- GFX cards: Radeon 9200, Radeon 9700, NVidia GeForce2 GTS/Pro, GeForce
Ultra 5700, Geforce FX 5200
-- M/B: Abit AT7 (VIA KT333), SiS P4S61, (TODO add more mobos)
-- Mem: various sizes
- It occurs on various w/ms like: kde, gnome, ion2, fluxbox
- It occurs on various kernel versions: 2.4.23-ck1 - 2.6.21
- It occurs on various X versions:
--XFree 4.3 - ??
--Xorg up to 7.2
-Reports in various distributions: debian, mandrake, fedora, gentoo,
- X CPU usage 100%
- Keyboard is not working
- Mouse is working but nothing is clickable (in some cases mouse is not
working any more)
- Magic SysRq is possible
- SSHing in from remote server and killing X is possible.
I can't solve this problem since years :-(
please help me!
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-x11" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html