Re: MAC Layer Beacon / Scan Code

* Christopher Friedt <chrisfriedt@xxxxxxxxx> [2020-08-27 12:59]:
> Hi everyone,
> I thought it was lost after I moved on to a different employer, but my
> former colleague Michael Magyar managed to dig up some work that we
> had done back in 2015.
> I unfortunately do not know if my branch still exists, but it looks
> like his copy of it is still intact.
> https://github.com/magyarm/bluetooth-next/tree/feature/nl802154-get-active-scan-req
> https://github.com/magyarm/bluetooth-next/tree/feature/nl802154-beacon
> We had some additional changes for wpan-tools. Hopefully we can find
> those as well.
> These changes should allow us to create something along the lines of
> Network Manager for IEEE 802.15.4 or even to do some automated channel
> joining, etc.
> Let's keep this thread open and try to rebase patches & get some
> patches posted for review soon.
> Cheers,

Hello,

We are working too on the same kind of features, I am “ni” on
#linux-wpan. For the moment, we have a quite advanced branch for
scanning (active and passive) which tries to mirror what is done in the
802.11 stack, written by David, and another branch for joining a PAN
by Thierry.

I would be interrested to see a rebase to better understand what you
have done.

I asked David to prepare a branch to share so we can see how to move
forward.

Nicolas.