Re: Problem using AF_PACKET with SOCK_RAW on ieee802514 devices

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 12:35:40AM +0200, Josef Filzmaier wrote:
> Hello everyone (again)!
>
> I am using the linux-wpan stack with the atusb and at86rf230 drivers (rf212).
> Moreover i am using raw sockets to test some userspace implemenation of a
> custom protocol. In userspace i am using (attention, golang ahead)
>
> > protocol = htons(syscall.ETH_P_IEEE802154)
> > syscall.Socket(syscall.AF_PACKET, syscall.SOCK_RAW, int(protocol))
>
> to create a raw socket. This has been working as desired up until commit
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?
> id=b84bbaf7a6c8cca24f8acf25a2c8e46913a947ba
>
> After this commit the kernel mistakenly attaches two uninitialized bytes at
> the end of my raw data. I am currently using a patched kernel which uses the
> following code in af_packet.c (Modified the else if over Willem de Brujin's
> patch)
>
> > } else if (sock->type != SOCK_RAW && reserve {
> > 	skb_push(skb, reserve);
> > }

Check commit 9aad13b087ab ("packet: fix reserve calculation").

Push is definitely wrong here and breaks things. dev_hard_header_len is
the minimum size what we allow to the driver level.

This should be 3 (can you please check that if it's 2 or 3 I think there
was some off-by one fix lately and I had it on the list).

It's because drivers parse FC and SEQ, this is what I have in the
architecture yet. There exists drivers which doing more but this is a
whole other big issue.

- Alex