Re: AT86RF212 based USB-Stick (HUL)

Hello.

On 08/26/2017 11:44 PM, Josef Filzmaier wrote:
    No problems spotted so far. Good job! :)

Very good :) I am currently on vacation but will be available again late next week. I will then update my patches. Where can i find the net-next repository?

I meant bluetooth-next here. Sorry for giving the wrong name. The repo can be found here:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bluetooth/bluetooth-next.git/

    It arrived, thanks a lot. How would I go about flashing it? I build the
    firmware already but I'm a bit unsure how the flashing would go. Do I
    need JTAG or SPI or can it be done with the Atmel DFU variant (I think
    the tool is called dfu-programmer)?

    What would be the commandline for the flashing? Would be nice if we
    could document that for others.

I used the following commands which worked for me:

Thanks.

avr-objcopy -O ihex -R .signature -R .fuse -R .eeprom hulusb.elf hulusb.hex

We should integrate that into the Makefile when building for hulusb.

dfu-programmer at90usb1287 flash hulusb.hex

That worked and I was able to flash the device and bring it up with the patched driver. It showed up correctly as subHGz device in iwpan. I have no other device to test against but I can trust you on this. Please go ahead and send your final patches to the list so we can get them into the firmware and kernel.

I only have one odd thing related to the flashing process. The device you got me comes up in LUFA DFU bootloader mode with the green and red led blinking alternately. In this mode I can use the flash command you gave me above. After the flashing it will stay in this mode and I have to issue a

dfu-programmer at90usb1287 reset

to get into the firmware/application. After that the device enumerates and the atusb driver takes care of it.

That would be all fine if it only would be the case for the initial flashing. For me the device always comes up in the bootloader mode, though. I have to issue the reset command (not the flashing) each time I plug it in.

Did I miss something here? Any trick to have the device boot the firmware directly and only go into bootloader mode if the program button on the back side is pressed?

regards
Stefan Schmidt