Re: handling multiple MAC instances (multiple address filters)

Alexander Aring <alex.aring@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Then the discussed stopped after I took a shower and realized we lost
    > ack handling when going into promiscuous mode... The transceiver will
    > simple ack every frame which it's received then if we don't stop ack
    > handling.

The issue is that with the filters off, we will ack packets aimed at other
nodes.

    > Now, after I looked because RX_SAFE_MODE into af86rf2xx datasheets
    > again. I think we could try to do the following:

So don't get too hung up on the limitations of the af86.  It could be that
it is impossible with that device, but that another device will make it
possible.

    >  - RX done irq comes - Grab buffer information - Doing fast a source
    > address lookup and check if we have a mac interface currently running
    > which has the address and ack is requested.  - If so trigger pin to
    > send ack.  - If not do nothing and drop (because we are not meant)

This sounds very cool.

    > Another question is: Is running multiple interfaces on one PHY the
    > thing what we "need". I think yes, because the 802.15.4 spec describe
    > only one source PAN to operate on. Another idea would be to override

I'd really like to be able to operate on multiple PANs at the same time.
I think that 6LBRs will need this.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [