Re: [wpan-tools issue]wpan-ping: recv() function for receiving wpan-ping packets

Hello.

On 14/12/16 17:49, Alexander Aring wrote:

Hi,

On 12/14/2016 08:20 AM, Xue Wenqian wrote:
Hi,

Recently I find a wpan-ping problem: wpan-ping process is always
running, when there is another process runing on wpan interface, which
will also transmit packets via wpan, the non-wpanping packets will also
be received by recv() of wpan-ping, leading to the "Sequence number did
not match" problem. It seems that the recv() function can not filter out
non-wpanping packets.

That is correct. Especially on the server side we do no filtering at all and just send back the (hopefully) wpan-ping frame.

Please go ahead and send your patch with the filtering you suggest and we can discuss what we can take and what not.

In my opinion:

So the currently known other upper layer protocol is 6LoWPAN. According
to 6LoWPAN dispatches [0]:

00 xxxxxx       0       NALP

so the wpan-ping dataframe should start with the bit pattern 00.

That is already done. The wpan-ping packet send out from the client already has this set.

Then for extra stuff the payload should do some checksum stuff, e.g.
ICMPv6 at tail -> if it doesn't match drop it.

Then most frames will be filtered, the rest is the usual header parsing,
if it doesn't match there -> drop it.

As written above nothing is checked or filtered on the server side yet. If there are good suggestions I happily take them in. Let's wait for the patch from Xue to see what he had in mind.

Stefan Schmidt