Re: at86rf233 in Raspberry Pi 3

Hi Tao,

you don't have to patch the device directly, I use DT overlays. The important steps (different from [2]) in my guide [1] are:

- use latest Raspbian image from [3], see also [4]
- deploy a custom Linux-Kernel using Raspi sources [5], see also [6]
- enable the transceiver using device tree overlays, see [7]

For details and trouble shooting, carefully read my guide top to bottom.

If the at86rf233 doesn't show up, you likely missed to enable the overlay in '/boot/config.txt'. But for RPi3 you also have to build a custom Linux Kernel, because the default Raspbian-Kernel v4.4 has some issues - the device is visible but is not working correctly.

Anyway, I will have to setup some RPi3 for a project in the next days - I'll let you know if there is any trouble (and how to solve it).

Best,
  Sebastian

[3]: https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
[4]: https://github.com/RIOT-Makers/wpan-raspbian/wiki/Create-a-generic-Raspbian-image-with-6LoWPAN-support#2-prepare-raspbian-image