Re: Packets not reaching lowpan interface

Hi Alex

> I don't know which version on RIOT does this behaviour, we should open
> an issue at github RIOT-OS project if this issue still exists. Please
> check if you seeing on wireshark that it is intra pan communication but
> the intra pan id bit isn't set.

You're absolutely right - both SRC and DST PANs are being put in the
header by RIOT, and the intra-pan bit set to 0, even though the PANs
are the same. If I cook the packet slightly so it is properly
constructed before sending, everything starts working fine.

> Another chance to fix this issue is to backport [0] and some other
> patches to get it working.

Actually, I don't think the intra-pan packets currently being sent out
by RIOT are valid 802.15.4. From the spec (page 154):

"If the PAN identifiers are identical, the intra-PAN subfield of the
frame control field shall be set to 1, and the source PAN identifier
shall be omitted from the transmitted frame."

So IMO this is a bug in RIOT - whether or not Linux should handle this
type of packet anyway is a matter of opinion, I guess.

> We should really open a issue on that, that this is broken @RIOT-OS git
> version. Maybe somebody can bisect it? To get the broken commit id.

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/5684

Thanks very much for your insight on this one.

/Aaron