Re: [RFC bluetooth-next 01/20] 6lowpan: ndisc: don't remove short address

Hi,

On 07/21/2016 08:37 AM, Alexander Aring wrote:

> ---
>
> For the transmit side, I think receive side would be _per_ _socket_
> then, if we using in6_pktinfo. For the transmit side we should have it
> also per socket then.
>
> My idea with "using neighbour discovery with flags" will not work!
> Because if we doing our own neighbour over IPv6 RAW sockets then we
> don't have a neighbour discovery yet.
>
> The other solution might work with the "own" hash table and daddr as key
> to map which l2 address will be used, but I think we should be able to
> do this somehow like "IPV6_RECVPKTINFO" just for the tx side.

The b) case and I think this is to control source address as "interface"
attribute to prefer short or extended will be complicated. I currently
think about if you doing that fast while a current socket connection.

You can't control it because sockets have queues (so far I know).
Maybe I am wrong and synced send handling will wait until "xmit
callback" of the interface will be called (It's a zero queue interface).
Zero queue means that there is no qdisc but socket queues exists, so far
I know.

It should be possible to tell somehow over IPv6 raw sockets which
destination address for the l2 address should be used, or? I think the
solution is maybe somewhere in libndp.c I didn't found it yet. We just
need to add support for the 802.15.4 short or extended addr.

Our current implementation will not work with disabled kernelspace
neighbour discovery yet and currently I don't know how it can work when
holding the complete cache inside the userspace. :-/

Disable ndisc handling in kernelspace and do handling in userspace
(RS/RA/NS/NA) but using the neighbour cache in kernel. Means: fill the
neighbour entries in the cache with netlink might work. Don't know which
way we should going here. I need to look into libndp, I think we should
extend it that we can handle short+extended handling from userspace side.

- Alex