Re: [riot-devel] RIOT+ULAs: no router entry

Hi Alex, and all,

> Am 29.04.2016 um 17:25 schrieb Alexander Aring <alex.aring@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> Routers are indicated by the "forwarding" setting. radvd silent warns
> about that if this isn't set for interfaces with RA advert is on, so far I
> know you need to increase the debug level for that.
>
> I simple set:
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/forwarding
>
> this will set forwarding for all interfaces.
>
> Some code explaining:
>
> See http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/net/ipv6/ndisc.c#L838
>
> this is at function when NS is received, the routeri flag will be set when
> forwarding is enabled.
>
> Maybe this solves all your current issues. :-)

Yep, thanks - that did the trick.

I wonder why it isn't sufficient to set 'echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/lowpan0/forwarding' on that specific lowpan interface? I tried it, but `radvd` still complains (debug level 5) that forwarding is 0. However, it works by enabling it for all IPv6 interfaces as you suggested.

>> I'm running latest Raspbian with Kernel 'Linux raspberrypi 4.1.19+' and wpan-tools from github on the RasPi.
>>

> I would better use bluetooth-next, if possible. With all recent patches
> you could also try to use 6CO in radvd.

mhm, I'm using default Raspbian with RPI-Linux+DTS-overlay 'at86rf233' as it is cause a fast and easy setup - and until now, this was sufficient for my test cases ...

Best,
 Sebastian

[mail]: s@xxxxxxxx
[code]: https://github.com/smlng