Re: IEEE802.15.4 devices

Hello.

On 20/04/16 17:25, gianni.frigerio90@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi all,
I am starting to work on IEEE802.15.4 technology,
and I am looking for possible hardware solutions
to be used with embedded devices based on Linux.

http://wpan.cakelab.org/#_supported_hardware

would be a good start for you.
Surfing on the web I found these two solutions to be
easily used with the BeagleBone Black:
http://ngs-sensors.it/shop/ngs-iot-mchp/
http://ngs-sensors.it/shop/ngs-iot-atmel/

High prices I would say. If you don't mind a little soldering you can add the mrf24j40ma to your embedded board easily enough. For the atmel side there is a ready made module from openlabs which quite a few people are using:
http://openlabs.co/store/Raspberry-Pi-802.15.4-radio

In general getting one of the modules hooked up with the pon headers of your board of choice should be ok.
Do you have experience on that? Is someone
using such a components?

The mrf24j40 transceiver is supported mainline. For the board with the atmel chip I would need to know the actual transceiver being used. But we support almost all of them (IIRC only 215 is missing but hopefully being worked on)

regards
Stefan Schmidt