Re: UDP stress-testing

Peter Kietzmann <peter.kietzmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> Change tx queue setting:
    >>
    >> ip link set txqueuelen 1000 dev $WPAN_DEV

    > That was the parameter I was looking for. Increasing this queue it is
    > :-) !

assuming that you aren't sending packets faster than your essential bit rate,
increasing the txqueuelen just increases the latency.

A queue length of 3 or 4 ought to be enough to keep the transmitter busy.
Setting it to 1000 just causes bufferbloat.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [